GrainCorp Limited (GNC)
GrainCorp Limited is Australia's largest grain supply chain service provider, with storage and logistics assets throughout the Australian eastern states, and grain marketing capabilities internationally. The company is also involved in downstream grain processing through its fully owned malt assets in Australia and offshore, its fully owned edible oils processing business in Australia and New Zealand and its 60 percent ownership of Australian flour maker Allied Mills. Around 50 percent of GrainCorp's grain sales and 90 percent of its malt sales are made to countries outside of Australia.
GrainCorp has three stated corporate objectives: to improve shareholder return; to manage earnings variability; and to grow as an international agribusiness.
In order to achieve these objectives, management's recent focus has been:
1. Maintain a strong market presence - a leading grain supply chain service (Storage & Logistics)
2. Operate along the grain chain - be an “end to end” supplier of grain (Marketing)
3. Increase activity in grain processing - broader, competitive offering (Malt, Oils) and opportunities in flour (Allied)
4. Grow as an international agribusiness organic and acquisitions (GrainCorp)
5. Build supporting capabilities - capital and organisation model (GrainCorp)